Saturday, February 4, 2012

Tie Clutch

I love finding projects that takes an item and turns it into something else. This project, I thought, was super inventive and creative. It's also very useful! 

Inspiration

Supplies
  • Men's Neck Tie
  • Snap Closure
  • Metal Ring
  • Needle
  • Thread
  • Sewing Machine

First, layout the tie and see where you want to cut it. I cut mine like the inspiration photo. I did that because it looks like it fits an iPhone! Then, cut the skinny side of the tie off.


Next, cut the small piece that holds the skinny tie in place off and add it to one side of the tie. This is where the wristlet part will attach.
Sew at seam at the cut edge of the tie. Then, sew the sides of the tie together.


Take the skinny part you previously cut off. Cut enough off to make the wristlet part. Sew at loop at the bottom and attach your metal ring to it.


Hand sew a snap to the point of the tie and the top of the pocket you sewed.


Then, attach the wristlet to the tie. Put your necessities in it and you're on your way!


This project was a lot of fun. It was a great first sewing project on my new sewing machine! I always need a small clutch to hold my needed items so I can leave my purse behind!

No comments:

Post a Comment